It is the responsibility of the ICT Department of the Gambia National Petroleum Corporation to plan and manage implementation, operations, development, optimization and maintenance ICT Infrastructures, Software Solutions, Integrated Business Applications, Digital Security, and Training Staff. The Department also ensures and delivers different levels of service and support to the corporation on its ongoing operational procedures. It also implements ICT Projects and services and as well as managing the Hardware and Software assets of the corporation; and ensuring compliance with policies and licensing requirements.
The ICT Department provides and contributes to the fulfillment of the corporation’s mission, particularly with regards to all matters related to the management of information and communications systems.
Among other tasks, the ICT Department shall support the business needs of the Corporation from technical and organizational standpoints by coordinating and managing the ICT function, including:
- Planning and Managing the implementation, operation, development, optimization and maintenance of ICT infrastructure for both unclassified systems and systems processing GNPC classified information up to Secret UE and across all Services Station and remote
- Coordinating the development, maintenance, optimization and implementation of internal administrative procedures (and related software applications), support to document management and archiving;
- Ensuring that administrative procedures are synchronized with information systems in order to maximize the benefits from using modern technologies and the overall efficiency and performance of the Corporation;
- Ensuring IT Security Management;
- Planning and ensuring ICT Business Continuity;
- Providing ICT expertise to the Corporation and support to end users (internal and external) in all Service Stations.